Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Thursday 23 October 2014

Diwali!

Today is the Hindu celebration Diwali! It is a very exciting and colourful holiday. Homes are cleaned to welcome the New Year and windows are opened so that the Hindu goddess of wealth, Lakshmi, can enter. It is believed that she cannot enter a house which is not lit up, so every household burns special Diwali clay lamps (diyas) to light the way for the goddess, which is why the holiday is also known as the Festival of Lights!


I did 3 crafts. A hammer-bead lantern, 3 play-dough tea-light holders and a 3-D collage of lanterns.


I'll ad some pictures once dad puts them on the laptop!
And here they are!


Diyas made from salt dough

Hamma bead Diya

Mendhi hand painting to celebrate Diwali






No comments:

Post a Comment