Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Tuesday 29 September 2015

Stamford HE meet and a blood moon!

Today I went to my second session of the Stamford HE Meet. George wasn't there, but Amelia and Madeline were. We baked some cupcakes and we each had a turn of putting ingredients in the mixing bowl, stirring it and scooping it into the cake tray. Of course, I failed on my mission as when it was time to break an egg into the bowl, I hit it a bit too hard on the side of the bowl and it broke everywhere! Thankfully it didn't spill on to my lap. It was very sticky though.




There was a separate room which had a box full of games and a cool bar! I wanted it for my own sitting room! I stayed in there for most of the time, playing all the games with the other kids.
It was quite bad weather compared to yesterday, so most of the time we stayed inside. When it was time to decorate our delicious cakes, I went a bit crazy! The cake had sweet, sugary icing with a little flower cake decoration in the middle and some little silver balls around the edges. It was really pretty but even more tasty!



On Sunday night there was a Blood Moon! A blood moon is when the Moon turns red. There was an eclipse when  the Moon, the Sun and the Earth aligned with each other and the Earth made a shadow on the moon. The light from the sun is bent (or refracted) as it enters the Earth's atmosphere. The light bends to the red end of the spectrum, making the Moon appear red! The Moon was also closer to The Earth than normal, making it appear bigger. Unfortunately, I missed it. Mom tried to wake me up but I was in too much of a deep sleep. It was after 3 am though! I guess I'll just have to wait until it happens again. That'll be another 20 or 30 years!



No comments:

Post a Comment