Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Friday 2 October 2015

Spinning a dream!









Yesterday I tried my hand at spinning wool! At Gamlingay, all the kids were making Dream Catchers. There was a woman there, Millie, teaching us how to make them, she even had a proper spinning wheel. Thankfully I didn't prick my finger on it! Making the dream catcher was quite difficult, so mom helped. I went with a fire theme, so I used red, orange and yellow wool. Of course, I didn't think of making it so that it would go with the theme of my bedroom!











Spinning the wool on the wheel was a lot easier than making the Dream Catcher.You have to keep pressing down a pedal, while holding on to the wool while the wheel is spinning! I spun some brown wool so that it would go with the fire theme of my dream catcher.

Teasing the wool!

Spinning!



After we had made our dream catchers  I got to work on making a bird feeder! You had to get a paper tube and coat it in a thick layer of peanut butter and then dip it into a box of bird seed then leave it to dry. The smell was delicious!



Unfortunately, the park was closed so we went to a different one. This park was just a field with a few benches and at first it didn't look that impressive. Then Grace showed us a little brook that you could splash in! It had some stepping stones but it was a lot more entertaining to run through the water! I promised I wouldn't get my new jeans wet but unfortunately, I had a bit too much fun and forgot!
Thankfully it was quite a nice day, so I didn't get too cold!

I'll definitely be going back to that park next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment