Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Sunday 3 May 2015

Duxford Air Museum, Play Dates and Dancing!

The other day I went to Duxford Air Museum! As soon as I got their, I went flying! I was playing tag with Livastrid, Tilly and Lavinia when I tripped and fell on the  hard stone! It killed my wrist and there was a hole in my leggings! So for the rest of the day, my wrist ached and my knee stung.

Anyway, we got to see quite a bit more than what we saw last time. We also had a cool talk about World War I and we got to wear some of the clothes and hats! The metal German hat didn't suit me quite as well as my usual ones! We also got to hold some of the guns and grenades and got to try on a gas mask! Did you know that gas didn't kill as many people as some people think? There were quite a few ways to avoid dying from gas, so it never killed that many people. One of the ways people stopped themselves from getting gassed was urinating on a cloth and covering their mouth and nose. That wouldn't stop you from going blind, though.

I got the German hat!

Arrggg! I've been shot!




The next day (or the day after, I'm not sure!), Livastrid and her brothers came around! It was really fun. We watched Tom and Jerry and played on the DS. When their mother came round to pick them up, we went outside for a bit and ended up playing a game with plastic food! Eventually, we just went insane and started playing with everything, including a paper plane!


A few days later, we went to Woolmer Green to celebrate May Day!

The Morris Dancers!


May Day is a celebration that is meant to please the Fruit and Flower Goddess, Flora! People, usually men, do Morris Dancing! A Morris Dance is very lively and is often accompanied by an accordion! Morris Dancers usually wear socks and pants that have bells on them, so it makes them jingle quite a bit!
Another dance that is done on May Day is a Maypole Dance. Maypole Dancing is quite different. Children will hold a ribbon and they will dance around a pole in such a way that it makes beautiful patterns on it. I tried it with Tilly, Lavinia and a few other kids but it didn't turn out quite as beautiful as I expected!

Maypole Dancing

Cracking the sticks!

There is always one person who doesn't participate in all of the activities of May Day, the May Queen. The woman who is crowned the May Queen will sit in a throne like chair that is decorated with flowers and plants.


My wrist doesn't hurt quite so much now, but my knee still stings sometimes. Even so, I still enjoyed it all!


No comments:

Post a Comment