Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Sunday 26 April 2015

A Rockin' Castle!





I've been so busy this week! First, I went to Warwick Castle with Tilly and Lavinia! It was a two hour journey, but it was so worth it! The castle is gigantic and it's really old! It was first built in 914 by Ethelfleda the warrior princess! Ethelfleda was Alfred the Great's daughter.
The castle has been added to over the centuries because it's been owned by lots of different people.



The castle is absolutely massive! There's more than 500 stairs to climb! Me, Tilly and Lavinia (with Cat and Mom) explored all of the turrets and dungeons, but there were so many tiny stairs I thought I was going to faint! It didn't help that there was a group of screaming teenagers behind us in the tall, narrow tower! And they were all screaming in French!

When we first arrived,  I saw the best thing ever! The giftshop! There was loads of little, squidgy animals! Then I spotted a little grey-blue dragon! It was like love at first sight! I asked my mom if I could buy him and she said yes! So all day long I was carrying the tiny stretchy dragon!


There was also a Birds Of Prey Display! It was so awesome! I got loads of amazing pictures of the massive birds! The guy who was hosting the show had periguines, eagles and vultures! I got some cool picture of the periguine dropping down and a vulture sitting on the host's arm!






I also saw a medivial toilet! It was just hole in the floor! It was really drafty and uncomfortable!

Me on the toilet!


The display rooms were incredible! They showed what life would have been like back when the castle was really old! There was loads of wax figures which looked scarily real! I think my favourite part of the display rooms was the fake food! It looked so real and apettizing! I just wanted to eat it all!



"Would you like a jelly, my Lady?"

My lady in waiting! Can you see my dragon on the table?

After we had finished looking around the castle, me, Tilly and Lavinia went to the park! It was a pretty pants park, the only good thing there was a zipwire! The slides went so fast then stopped so quickly that I nearly broke my legs on it! And the really good slide which was really curly was ruined by a bunch of uncultured school children! They poured bottles of fruit shoot on the slide, making it soaking wet and sticky! It turns out the school children were even more disgraceful than I first thought, as they were bullying the youngest one and spitting on eachother! Two boys even punched and kicked eachother and swore! These kids were only around 6-7 years old!! What were their parents thinking?!



The next day, I went to the Eco Hub at Gamlingay! There was a real rock band there who gave us our own private concert! It was so awesome (and very noisy)! There was even a musical statues competition! The runners up got guitar strummers but the champion got a cd with all of the band's songs on it! There was only two people left, Tilly and a random kid. Me and Lavinia were chanting "Team Tillster!" over and over again! It must have worked, as Tilly won! Congratulations, Tilly!!!




Afterwards, all the kids went outside to play in the park. Me, Tilly and Lavinia started making mud ink and decided to open our own shops on the roundabout! I opened a noodle shop, Tilly opened a fast food shop and Lavinia opened a soap shop! It was really cool, but when a pack of wild school children escaped from prison-, I mean school, they took over all of the swings and castles and some of them even tackled the roundabout! Anyway, we were really tired so we all went home!



I'd also like to say that at Wrest Park a few weeks ago, Tilly, Lavinia and William helped me overcome my fear of the zip wire! Thanks to their support and encouragement, I can finally get to ride on the most fun obstacle ever! Thanks guys! :D


I conquered the Zip wire!



Another thing I'd like to mention is that I've applied for a Blue Peter Badge! I've written a massive letter and attached some of my pictures, so wish me luck!

























I promised I'd tell you how the "No eating on the laptop" thing goes, and it's going good! I've managed to stop myself quite a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment