Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Friday 24 June 2016

Rand Farm

Have you ever seen a baby calf suckle on a child's whole hand? Well I have! It wasn't my own hand, it was William's. He's Lilli's little brother. We all had a fun day at Rand Farm, just past Lincoln. We met for lunch first in the lovely cafe. Everyone else had a "kid's meal deal", but I opted for a delicious looking sausage roll. It tasted just like a pancake with meat in it. Delicious!

The first animals I fell in love with were the donkeys. They loved it when you petted their fluffy manes. Two of the donkeys were for sale, but I doubt I could get mother to get one for me. There were two pens containing donkeys. In one of the pens, the donkeys were particularly naughty and attention-seeking! They kept kicking their food trough until it fell on to the floor with a very loud crash. Of course, everyone would look, and the donkeys liked that. The staff kept putting the trough back on its rail, but it was pointless because within seconds, it was knocked to the ground again!

The baby goats were definitely one of the most adorable animals there. Their faces were so cute. It really tickled when they ate the animal food out of my hand. They were all a bit pushy, but that's what goats are like. Still, their cute faces made up for it!







Next to the goats, the calves were getting very excited. It was bottle-feeding time! The staff let me hold the bottle to feed one of the calves. It was much stronger than the lamb I bottle-fed once! By the time the little cow finished the bottle, my arms were killing. There was milk all over its lips.





Beautiful white cows!


There was a lot of commotion  in the pigs' pen. I counted a total of eleven, week-old piglets! Well I think there were eleven; they were scuttling about so much it was difficult to count them!

Apart from the animals, there were lots of play areas at Rand Farm. The most exciting was a race track with go-karts. I struggled at first to get a hang of the pedals but once I mastered it I was racing! Not as fast as Lilli though, she was mad! It didn't help my knee kept hitting the steering wheel. It wasn't painful, but the next day I had a massive, grey-blue bruise on my knee.





We ended the day with a bounce on the trampolines. It was weird. When I bounced at the edge of the trampoline, I could hear all the water inside it slushing about! I was a bit scared in case it burst and I got a soaking!





It was a bit expensive to get in to Rand Farm, but I definitely would recommend it. There's so much to do! The animals are mega cute and so well cared for and there are lots of things to do including the go-carts, trampolines, climbing frames, and ride-on tractors!



No comments:

Post a Comment