Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Saturday 18 June 2016

Eureka!

At the movies! That was the theme at Eureka this month. Like always, it wasn't much about the learning but more about the experience of crafts and making things.
As soon as we arrived we walked down the Red Carpet!

One of the first crafts I did was the Jurrasic Park Garden! Basically, I filled up a rectangular planting box with compost and planted some seeds. Then I decorated the box with small rocks, prickly pinecones and little model dinosaurs! I've always considered myself quite good when it comes to landscaping, so I think I did a good job!





I got myself a place on the Walk Of Fame with this next craft! Basically all I had to do was cut out a pink star, stick it on to a piece of black card and write my name on it. Still, it's all experience!





The next thing was definitely more complicated, it was a catapult from the Angry Birds movie and game. To construct this, I needed to use elastic bands to tie lollipop sticks together. Once I'd finished with the very difficult arangement of sticks, I had to use another two elastic bands to attatch a spoon to them. To go with the catapult, I made a little Angry Bird from a pompom and googly eyes.


My friends and I practised in the park and I was pleasantly surprised because it worked very well!
After all those crafts, I went outside to play in the sun with my friends. We played Grandmother's Footsteps ; I almost won! It stayed sunny for most of the time until it was time to go home.
 Driving home was really scary. There was a freak storm that started very quickly! The road was flooded and we could barely see. Suddenly, the storm stopped as quickly as it started and it was sunny again! That was really surprising!

No comments:

Post a Comment