Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Saturday 11 June 2016

A late night theatre trip!

After the amazing (but tiring!) sleepover, I had another busy day! At 5pm, I arrived at the magnificent Tolethorpe Hall for a late night performance of The Wind in the Willows.
Tolethorpe Hall
The house was very impressive and dates back to the 11th century; it's listed in the Domesday Book! There were really lovely gardens with picnic tables and even a fountain! In the grounds there was a lovely open-air theatre.  Even though the seats were covered by a roof, the stage itself was completely open-air.  The whole place was very pretty, but the open-air stage was my favourite. With the lighting, it looked incredible! The stage was set in a woodland, and there was even a little river with a real boat and even  "human" water animals swimming in it!



The weather was warm and sunny so we had a picnic tea first in the lovely gardens. We had to wait before we could eat because we were waiting for our friends to arrive. Tilly arrived late with her mom and Lavinia, and Fran came with her kids. Lots of other older people arrived and set up their picnic tables around us. They had come prepared with table cloths, tasty nibbles, wine and champagne glasses. Some had even brought vases of flowers for their tables! Mom said it was all very "civilised". I think we were the only children there, probably because it was a late show, and it was a school night. We don't have to worry about that though!




The show itself was very funny. It was really good and I definitely recommend going to see it. My favourite character was probably Rat, I loved his tail! It got a bit cold once the sun had set but mom had brought us cushions and blankets to wrap around ourselves so it was very cosy. We'll be going back again to see two Shakespeare plays and I'll definitely be taking a warm blanket!

By the time we got home, it was very very late, almost 11 pm. I definitely needed a lie-in the next day.




In other news, I'm super excited! Dad decided it was time to get me a phone, so now I'm the proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy s6! Wipee!

No comments:

Post a Comment