Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Saturday 31 October 2015

4 hour pony club extravaganza!




You can never have too much Pony club! On Thursday, I went to a 4 hour, Halloween pony club trip! We learnt about the different types of feed, and how much to give the ponies and how to serve it to them.  I made a sheet of all the different foods, and even used some clear tape to stick samples of the food on to the sheet!

 Some feed, like sugarbeet, needs to be watered down first. When it gets wet, it expands a lot! If the pony ate it before you had watered it down, it would expand inside the ponies belly, which is really dangerous.


After that, we went out into the cold and got Tamara and Belle ready to be led. There was an assault course set up that we had to lead the ponies around. There was even a jump! It was so fun when I got Belle to trot,  it felt like I was going really, really fast!

Next, we got to do a bit of riding. We were split into two groups. My group took turns riding Cindy, and the other took turns riding Jeanie. When I was on Cindy, I could see her pretty, black mane flopping about as we were trotting! It was really cute!

Finally, it was time to go back inside. It was pitch black, I could barely see where I was going! It was time for us to recieve our rosettes. I got two, one for Feeding and one for coming 5th place out of 15-20 kids for leading the pony around the course! I also got a certificate for learning about the feed as well.

Overall, I had a really great day! I can't wait for Monday to see all of the ponies again!
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment