Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Thursday 22 October 2015

Egyptian Antics

The theme yesterday was Egyptian! Me and mom decided to try out a new home-ed group in King's Lynn. There were loads of people there, about 20 families! It's on once a month and every time there's a different theme. There were loads of things to do, and all of them were to do with Egyptians. You could make a canoe out of straws with rope and tape, decorate a picture with mosaic tiles, make a beautiful desert silhouette sunset picture out of tissue paper and black card, and quite a bit more!
I did my name in Hieroglyphics!










To make the Desert Silhouette picture, you had to get a blank piece of card and tear thin strips of coloured tissue paper and stick them on in coloured layers.You also get black card cut into shapes to stick on, making silhouettes. In the end it looks really nice!




The next thing I made was an Egyptian drawing of a person. When drawing Egyptians, you have to make sure that the body faces the front, but the face, arms and legs face to the side, but the eye always faces forwards! Isn't that weird?




I also made a mosaic! I only used a few tiles, just to decorate the picture a bit. I think it looked quite nice, especially with the patterns and buttons and beads!




Finally, I made a little Egyptian boat. I used straws (like the ones you drink with!), tape and some string. The Egyptians used Papyrus leaves to make their boats!
You need to line up 16 straws and tape them together in 3 different parts, at the end, in the middle and at the other end. Next, you need to cut some rope to tie the very ends of the straws together, this makes the ends curve into a boat shape! I can't wait to try it out!


 It was a great day even though I didn't get to do everything as there was so much. Next time the theme is Winter Wonderland!

No comments:

Post a Comment