Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Thursday 12 March 2015

Woodcutting!


Today, I went to Gamlingay Eco Hub! There was a young guy, Patrick, giving us a talk and a little demonstration of wood carving! He had loads of chainsaws, axes, knives and other tools like protective clothes and helmets! He gave the kids some items to look at and pass around, (not anything dangerous, obviously!) and they were really cool! I took  pictures of everything!
Cool spoons!

He carved a spoon out of a big chunk of wood for us, and it was really interesting! It clearly takes a lot of concentration, because he was quite quiet... He showed us a few different techniques to carving with knives and small axes and they all looked very dangerous! Aparrently, he cut himself a lot when he was learning to carve, but he still has all his fingers!
He makes a model first from clay before he begins carving from wood


After his demonstration, we got to see his other spoon carvings, which were really smooth and they had lovely patterns. He also makes really big sculptures for organizations like the RSPB.
How cool is this spoon!


This was the smallest chain-saw nut it was really heavy!
I look crazy!


Afterwards, all of the kids went outside and we all played in the park, which was really fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment