Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Sunday 15 March 2015

Big Bang Fair!

Yesterday I went to the Big Bang Fair in Birmingham! I had to get up very early, and it was a 2 hour journey! When we got there, it was absolutely freezing and I didn't bring my big coat! We had to walk quite a bit until we got to a big warehouse-like building where the fair was.
When we went inside, there were loads of  stalls and exhibits. There was even a stage!






There was so much to look at! These were some of my favourites!


There were two men who had experiments with bubbles! The first one I went to, I had to try to blow a bubble inside a bubble! The guy made a massive bubble then handed me straw and told me to put it in the bubble and blow normally. I was a bit confused and wary, in case I popped the bubble, but I tried anyway. Magically, it worked! I blew a second bubble, but as soon as I tried to blow a third it popped.
Blowing a bubble inside a bubble!

The second bubble guy made a gigantic bubble and caught it in a massive bubble wand. He put it by my face and told me to blow quite softly into it and it would make a bubble inside it. On my first attempt, it didn't work, but on my second attempt I got the hang of it and I was amazing! I blew loads of bubbles in the giant one, and the guy showed me a cool trick! He got me to poke the top of the bubble. I poked where he told me to, and the top of the bubble opened and the other bubbles that were inside flew away! It was so awesome!




My second favourite was a weird optical illusion trick! You put your hand in a box and you can see your hand on a screen. A girl on the opposite side of the box puts a dice far away from your finger. Then she touched my finger and on the screen, it looked like she was pulling it! It felt like my finger was being pulled just because I was watching the screen! It was even more weird when she was pushing it back!


My third favourite was a really cool engine! First, you got to look at a miniature version of a Turbo Charger, which they put in car engines. An American guy told us what everything did, then he showed us a little quiz where me, mom and dad had to get the right sequence of how the Turbo Charger worked. Dad was so gutted because mom was the best!


There was also a little challenge where you had to put three wires in the right place in a plug. It was so irritating because you need 3 hands to do it! Mom helped me, and when I showed the girl who was helping the other kids she said "Ooh very neat!"! I think she was impressed!

This was boring


More cool stuff:


Testing for sugar in Diabetics

Learning about flight



All this was made from random things like pans, bicycles and toys!

 
Learning about allergies and noses!



Sorry if there's a few mistakes in this, I'm quite ill right now. I've caught yet another cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment