Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Friday 27 March 2015

March Madness! (Part 2)

I forgot to mention that in the first sleepover, Holly died :(. I noticed that she hadn't been out of her sleeping hut at all that day, so I went to have a look at her when Tilly started to go to bed. When I lifted up her sleeping hut, she looked so helpless. She was curled up in a ball and she was gasping for breath. I felt so devastated, but there was nothing we could do except stay with her. Tilly stayed up late with me until she passed away peacefully. The next day we had a funeral in the garden. We buried her in a pretty, pink box right next to Miley the 1st. I wrote a little poem for her and me and Tilly said a prayer for her. I try not to think about her. Even though the noise of her wheel was so annoying, I'd do anything to hear it one last time.

R.I.P Holly.


Anyway,  later in the week, me, mom and dad went to Pigeon's Farm! We thought it was absolutely awesome! Here's a list of my favourite animals! 12 day old baby chicks! A mother pig with 7 baby piglets that were only a few days old! Baby lambs that you could bottle feed! 4 adorable donkeys! A gorgeous stallion that me and my dad fed! The cute but noisy guinea pigs!!! The fluffy, cuddly rabbit! The greedy goats that eat duck food! The ugliest boar in the world! The mother sheep and their tiny lambs! Basically everything!
We had a tractor ride around the farm which was really fun! It was a bit bumpy though!

Me bottle feeding the weak, slow baby lamb! Good job I'm patient!

There's a chicken on my head!!

One of the donkeys that tried to eat my hand!

Me and dad feeding the horse!

Me feeding the miniature goat some duck food!

3 of the donkeys together! They were so gentle.

The ugly, grumpy Boar!
Mother Pig and her seven hungry Piglets

                                                                                                                                                                                     

Next we went to Butterfly World in Hertfordshire. It was a long journey ut worth it!

They had loads of exotic butterflies that landed all over mom! They didn't seem to like me though...

There were massive blue and black ones that seemed to glide around and never sit still!




There was a man who told us about the butterflies, but he was also looking for spiders because the spiders eat butterflies and moths! I helped find 2 spiders, so I might have saved quite a few butterflies! He used an electric swatter to kill the spiders!!

Here's a beautiful black and blue butterfly!

The Butterfly Buffet!


Here, he was telling us how there's two different types of butterfly feeding!


There were lots of different gardens to look around. They had a garden that showed what a house would look like if it was abandoned and plants grew wild for years!

This is what the bed looked like!

Me climbing through a tunnel in a bug garden!


There was also a woman doing a talk about the rainforests and habitats. It was really interesting! She had a diagram to show all of the kids the layers of the rainforest. We were all given picture cards of an animal that lives in the rainforest, and we were asked to read a description of it and place it where we thought it should go. Me, Tilly and Lavinia were debating for quite awhile where our monkey should go. We decided to just put it in the middle and the woman told us that it was a trick question! The monkey belonged everywhere! There was no right or wrong answer!
Listening to the Rain Forest Talk


There were also two colonies of Leaf Cutter Ants! They were amazing! We didn't take any photos unfortunately, but we should have! There were 4 gigantic tanks with ropes coming out of the tops of them. Hundreds of ants were marching back and forth on the ropes with pieces of leaves on their back! They work really hard! There was also a really sad story about an ant that chewed through an electric cable and accidently electrocuted the Queen! After the queen died, none of the ants knew what to do! They started fighting with each other and eventually, the whole colony was wiped out. Literally, thousands of ants! It was in the newspaper!

Afterwards, me, Tilly, Lavinia and Alex played in a really cool playpark! There was a big wooden climbing frame and a sandpit! The sandpit was gigantic and me, Tilly and Lavinia built a sand house in it! We had a bath and everything! Unfortunately, the sand ended up in my boots and even in my leggings!

That's me in the green coat on top of the hill!




After Butterfly World Tilly came back  home with me for another 2 night sleepover!
We went swimming in Bourne Leisure Centre! It was really cool because all of the kids were in school! (that rhymes!)
We swam for 2 hours and afterwards we went for a delicious meal at the Sugar Mill! We played in the toddler area because the outside play area was so boring. There was a really weird mirror and I couldn't stop laughing at my reflection!

Me and Tilly swimming in the Jacuzzi area! 

Me and Tilly waiting for dinner!

Me and Tilly are toddlers now!



The weird mirror!


After the sleepover (it was excellent!) we took Tilly back to her mom at the Eco Hub in Gamlingay! It was Easter crafts! They had a giant bouncy castle which I loved! You could also make your own masks! I made a kind of creepy one. I didn't decorate any eggs because they were cracked! The box they were in was soaking with egg yolk! I ate some chocolate eggs though! There was also an Easter Egg hunt going on! All of the kids had to work together to find all 60 of the hidden plastic eggs! I found 3 of them! It only took a minute or so until they'd all been found. At the end you were given a little bouncy ball and some chocolate! Mmm!
Me, Lavinia, Rosie and Tilly went into the park at the end to play around! It was really fun, but it would've been better if we could actually decide on a game!


BREAKING NEWS!!!! I'm getting two guinea pigs on Sunday! Mom finally gave in and took me to the pet shop to buy a giant cage for them! I've got it all decorated for them coming, I'm just waiting to go to the breeder to pick them up now! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! EXCITMENT OVERLOAD!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment