Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Monday 2 March 2015

Minecraft Assignments!

The proper Minecraft Homeschooling started today! In this week, I learned about Aesop's Fables! A fable is a short story that usually has animals in it instead of people and it always has a moral.
Aesop was a Greek who was said to have lived around 620-500 BC! Very little is known about him, though. No body knows where he was born or anything about his life. Overall, he wrote about 600 fables in his lifetime. That's a lot of stories!


African fables are passed down through "Oral Narration", which means they were spoken before they were written down.
Many African fables centred around a trickster named Anansi. Anansi is the West African God of trickery, and he often appeared as a spider.


Jakata tales are a different type of fable. They were said to be told by Buddha, and talked about karma and rebirth.

I had to pick my own Aesop's Fable to read and then answer questions about, so I chose "Belling The Cat". In the story, all of the field mice hold a gathering and debate about what to do to stop the cat from terrorizing them. A young mouse comes up with the idea to put a bell on it. The wise old mouse said that the idea was amazing, but it had one flaw.... who would put the bell on the cat? In the end, no mouse ever put the bell on the cat because it was too dangerous.
The moral of the story is that it's easy to say something, but a completely different matter to do it.
That's the cover of Belling The Cat! Notice the cat in the background?







Anyway, that's the sort of stuff I've learned about this week! It's quite interesting, and I really enjoyed it! Sorry this post is so short, I'll write a longer one next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment