Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Tuesday 18 November 2014

STEM!

A little while ago, I went to my first STEM class! STEM is Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths! In this class, we learned about flying things and air resistance! We made a paper plane and flew it outside. Mine didn't go very far, though. Then the woman who ran it said to make the plane fly better by altering it. There were lots of things like Play dough, feathers, and felt to change your plane around. I'd smoothed out the edge of the wings with Play dough, then added feathers. Once we'd finished editing our planes, we went back outside and threw them again! Mine went the farthest and I won the competition of who could fly their planes farthest! My high score was 4 meters and 27 cm!


Then we watched a video of a guy in space dropping a feather and a rock, and both of them hit the ground at the same time! That was because there was no air resistance to keep the feather up.


I can't wait to go back to the next STEM class!

No comments:

Post a Comment