Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Tuesday 18 November 2014

Duxford Air Museum!

A while ago, I went to visit the Duxford Imperial War Museum in Cambridgeshire! I went with Tilly and Lavinia. They had loads of really cool RAF Planes that were massive! There was also a little lesson on how things fly. Me, Tilly and Lavinia built some paper planes and flew them! Mine flew really far, almost the best!
Showing off our planes.


There were also recreations of the battle fields. You could see all of the tanks and the bunkers, they even had real sand bags filled with sand! It looked so scary, and I know I wouldn't want to be in the war! There was also a lot of display cabinets with lots of things like soldiers' hats and the outfits they wear.

Mom was scared of these!


In the actual plane museum bit, there were loads of planes that were in the war and you could even look inside the glass! It looked really complicated to fly one, there were buttons and wires everywhere! You could even go inside a few of the planes, but the only one that was open at the time was the Concorde. The Concorde had really big wings and a really pointy nose. It's the fastest plane ever, it can fly over 2 times the speed of sound! Thankfully the plane wasn't moving when I was in it!



The lesson of how things fly was really cool. We were asked questions like: if you blew between two balloons what would happen? Me and Tilly both got it right, the balloons went really close together!
I got to fly a plane!

We all held the plane up!



No comments:

Post a Comment