Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Geology Dig!



About a week ago, I went to a cool Geology Dig in a place near Bedford! Quite a few kids were there, including Taryn and Freya, the twins (from Cambridge!), Tilly and Lavinia and some other kids. There was a wall about 3m high and it was so iron rich! The wall was a red-ish colour, and that's because it had loads of iron in! I even got a go with a  pickaxe and broke off a bit of iron to bring it home! When I hit the iron, it made a really metallic sound!
I drew a "Field Sketch"of the iron-wall. I drew a key and I thought it looked really cool! The teacher came up to me and said it was "Perfect"!


I also found loads of trace fossils! Which were a red colour and they were in the shape of triangles. I felt really lucky and special, until I found out they were really common.


Some of the kids had tools like brushes and pickaxes. I didn't know to bring one, but I got to borrow both a brush and a pickaxe from some other kids.


I had a great time, and best of all, I got to take Tilly home for another 3 days of sleepover! (She had already stayed for 2 days, which I will tell you about in my next post!)!




No comments:

Post a Comment