Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Thursday 20 March 2014

Lincoln University

Yesterday I went to Lincoln University for a science education day. I watched Dog Clicker Training and got the dog to perform tricks. The dog was a boxer cross rescue called Lexie. We fed her cocktail sausages and cheese when she refused the proper dog treats.



Lexie with her "slow feeding" bowl
                                      

Lexie waiting for a treat




My Fingerprint!
There was a scientist who was telling us all about forensic science (that's what the police use to identify criminals). There was a crime scene with a dead body on the floor! I made a fingerprint on a keychain. I had a look at a DNA like substance. We used Washing-up liquid and ether and salt to extract the DNA out of strawberries. We had to mush everything in a bag and the strawberries smelt lovely!
 
Making a mush!

I coloured a duck with Lemonade on litmus paper. Litmus paper tells us the PH value of a substance. Lemon juice is acid!
I held real skulls (including a wolf skull, cat, Pekinese dog, coyote, fox and red wolf!). The man showing us the skulls had the most amazing job ever! He went to Italy to study wolves and foxes! That's my dream job! He had a degree in Zoology. I'll look at Zoology when I grow up!
I looked at newts swimming around in mucky coloured water,
I looked through a microscope at cells and examined a robot with moving fingers!
Reminds me of Stephen!



When I grow up, I'd like to go to that University, it seems really interesting.


When dad uploads the photos, I'll add some pictures of the dog we trained, the robot and the fingerprint keychain. Update; Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment