Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Tuesday 25 March 2014

Farm Boy

Farm Boy by Michael Morpurgo




Main Characters:
The boy
Grandpa


Story:
Grandpa can't read, so he challenges his grandson to teach him to read and write before Christmas. On Christmas Eve, Grandpa can finally read and write, so he writes out the story of his life for his grandson. The boy loves hearing Grandpa's stories, but Grandpa has a secret.


Opinions:
In my opinion, I found the story really believable, so I really liked it. The book could have been longer, because I could have read it in a day.


Characters:
The characters seem very real, and I could imagine  them in my head. The boy has a good relationship with Grandpa.


Language:
I did like the language, it was very easy to read. The language was also descriptive, so I could picture it in my head.


I liked the book because it had lots of lovely illustrations by Michael Foreman. He draws beautiful pictures of horses.



Farm Boy is a sequel to War Horse. I haven't even read War Horse yet, but it must be good because it was made into a block-buster film!


Buy the book here!!








No comments:

Post a Comment