Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Monday 25 April 2016

Sporty Shakespeare

Friday was Lynnsports in King's Lynn. I've never been much of a sporty person, but I really enjoyed Lynnsports! The general theme was dodgeball, but thankfully we didn't do any dodgeball. We did some basketball and "benchball"instead. I wasn't really sure what Benchball was, so I just ran around following my teammates! After the sports me, Lillianna and our friends had lunch in the café and played in the park until our parents said it was time to go home. I wish we could've stayed for longer, though!




It was the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death last week. To celebrate, on Saturday, me, mom and dad, went to see a storyteller tell the story of The Merchant Of Venice. It was in Lincoln, at The Drill Hall. The building was very old and interesting and outside, it had a huge face on the side of it!




The show was awesome and the two women telling the story made it really exciting. The first woman told the story while she played an accordion and got kids to join in and play the parts of Happy and Stern. I didn't want to join in but there were three brothers there who were very eager to join in! Mom said, "I bet they are home educated" and guess what? They were!






One of the coolest parts about the storytelling was the second woman who played a bunch of instruments. She made the sound effects to the story and it was really effective. She had a tiny red piano, a huge harp, a drum and a shiny metal dish. She took turns playing each instrument and I thought it was really impressive! The metal dish was quite weird, though, She had a little stick-like thing that she brushed against the edge of the metal dish and it made really high pitched notes. It sounded really good! My favourite instrument of hers was definitely the harp, though. That sounded really beautiful.
I so wanted to listen to them tell us another story, but there won't be any  more on for a while as they were going back to London. I hope I'll get to see them again!


See the tiny red piano!





Strange people in Lincoln!
Afterwards we went shopping in Lincoln. We spent ages in Waterstone's Bookshop and I bought two books. One is a thriller, "The Dead House" and the second book I have wanted to read for ages, "The Fault in our Stars". I had seen the film already but the book was so much better. I read it in 2 days!


Dad and I had a look at the ICT GCSE books and they looked quite easy, so we bought one so we can go through it together. We were in the book-shop so long that dad forgot where he was and he said "I really like this library because nobody minds if you talk"!!



No comments:

Post a Comment