Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Friday 15 April 2016

Play Dates and Nerf Guns!



We've had some new visitors to the Shovlin hotel lately, Lillianna and her family and Summer! They all came for the day to play, but we did do some educational science experiments!




We did the Magic Milk experiment and the Rainbow Skittles experiment. I've done both of them before but it was cool to go over them again. When you're doing the milk experiment, you put drops of food colouring in a plate (or bowl) of full-fat milk then dip a q-tip with washing-up liquid on it into the plate and watch the colours swirl! Mom told all the kids about how this was demonstrating surface tension of liquids and the properties of surfactants. Very educational!



The Skittles experiment is quite a bit simpler. You put different colour skittles into a plate of water and let them dissolve. In the end it looks very cool as the skittles dissolve and the colous spread out. At first the colours don't mix together so you can clearly see where one colour ends and the other begins. This taught us all about Diffusion in liquids. Diffusion is the movement of molecules from a stronger solution (the food colouring) to a weaker solution (the water).









Rainbow Skittles
After we'd done all the science experiments, we went to the park. We were having a great time until it started to rain! We had to make a dash back home and just play there until the rain went away.


You might be wondering  what the "Nerf Guns" meant in the title. Today, I went to my first session of Lynnsport in King's Lynn and it was Nerf Gun wars! I thought I'd be terrible at it because I get out of breath quite easily, plus I'm not very good at dodging, but I did really well!



Mom says I am very competitive!
After the "war", I went to the cafe upstairs and had some lunch with Liv-astrid and Lillianna and played about. I'll definitely be going to the next session!

1 comment:

  1. I truly awed after read this in light of some quality work and educational contemplations . I just wanna express profound gratitude for the essayist and want you to enjoy all that life has to offer for coming!. Nerf N-Strike Elite Rampage Blaster

    ReplyDelete