Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Wednesday 4 May 2016

Tilly Time!

Tilly returend to the Shovlin Hotel last Thursday for another sleepover! We did loads of things, it's amazing how we managed to fit them all in!
We picked Tilly up from Gamlingay where we did "sports" before she came back with us.




On Saturday we went to the cinema by ourselves to see The Jungle Book. It was really exciting going to the cinema without any adults, I felt really grown up!  To make sure the experience was as amazing as possible, mom got us some Extra Large Space seats which were made out of proper, comfortable leather. There was loads of room to move about and put your feet in the XLR seating area, it was great. The movie itself was really good also! It was a very modern CGI version of The Jungle Book. It was quite scary in parts, but overall it was an amazing film, I definitely recommend it!



At the cinema!


After the movie, mom and dad took us to the Sugar Mill for a delicious dinner. The Sugar Mill always does really great food!



The next day we went to Uffington Scarecrow Festival.  I was meant to be singing with a Wildcats group there, but I missed that due to some very adorable alpacas! There was a man that had a herd of alpacas and he was letting people into the alpacas' pen to pet and stroke them! I never realised how cute and soft alpacas are.


I never knew how adorable Alpacas are!


Along with the alpacas, the man also had donkeys and lambs! You weren't allowed to go in with those animals, but you were allowed to pet them through the fence.


Of course, the main part of the Scarecrow Festival was all the scarecrows! Almost everyone in the village had made a scarecrow  to put outside their house, it was really cool seeing them all! There were scarecrows from all the countries of the world.



There was a scarecrow trail to follow and a Quiz



Later Tilly and I joined in with the Wildcats. We helped with the Parachute Games. That was actually quite fun!




Monday was the last day of the sleepover, so we decided to meet up with Cat and Lavinia and Elise at Flitwick for swimming. It wasn't the best swimming pool I've been to, but there was a really warm and toasty small pool which I loved a lot! The main pool just had loads of lanes for people to boringly swim up and down them. It was very, very cold in the main pool as well.
After a couple of hours swimming, it was time to go home. The goodbye wasn't too emotional though, as we were going to meet up the next day in Cambridge!



Meeting up in Cambridge was definitely an adventure. Me and mom took the Park & Ride which was very dangerous! The bus drivers drive like madmen! It doesn't help that there are a LOT of cyclists in Cambridge. It looked like we were going to hit loads of them!
We met up in a big park called Jesus Green for a little while to eat lunch before heading out to the Science Centre.



Lunch at Jesus Green




The Science Centre was all about Space and planets. It was really cool even though I'd  seen most of the things before at other science centres. There was a young woman there giving us a talk about how to be safe in Space. It was a bit basic but I still enjoyed it.







Puzzling it out!



After the trip to the Science Centre, we had a little look around the shops. I ended up buying a tiny, purple rubber dragon. Definitely a quality purchase! After browsing around the shops, we decided to find somewhere to have dinner. In the end we went to Wagamama. Wagamama is a Japanese-style resturant and I've always wanted to try it. I had some chicken in breadcrums with a delicious sweet and sour sauce. I absolutely loved it, I'm definitely going to go there again.

Sadly, it was time to say goodbye to Tilly. On the bright side, I'll be seeing her tomorrow at Gamlingay! She might even come back for another sleepover.

No comments:

Post a Comment