Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Thursday 18 February 2016

Eureka Pigs!

I've always been a bit squeamish, especially with eyes!
Yesterday at Eureka, it was all about the body. There was a scientist there who was dissecting a pig, but not just any part of a pig, the pig's eyes! It was horrible but mom made me watch! I got some really cool photos, though. We saw the sclera, and the jelly inside the eye, and even the little lense!



They also had pig lungs there. The man used a pump to push air into the lungs and watched them inflate! It was really creepy!

He's dissecting the tongue; it was really tough!


This is a model showing how air is sucked into
 the balloons(lungs) when the diaphragm moves downwards.

My friend from Pony Club, Lilliana was there and we had a lot of fun learning First Aid. We learned what to do if someone's bleeding, in shock or unconscious!

I was supposed to be unconscious but I was too ticklish!

We even practised wrapping bandages around each other's arms. We spent most of the time wrapping our arms together, though!



There was a life-size skeleton there and you had to try and name all the parts of it. I knew almost all of them. There were also loads of animal skulls that you had to try name. There was a fox, stoat, badger, cat and dog skull.

We made a solution of fake blood with red and yellow coloured water, cheerios (to represent the red blood cells), marshmallows (platelets), and little jelly gems (the white blood cells). It didn't really look like blood at the end, just a jar of murky, lumpy water. Some of the kids ate the fake blood!

We made models of DNA out of pipe-cleaners and beads and you could've made a Mother's Day card, but that didn't really have anything to do with the Human Body, so I didn't do that. 


Eureka always has great things on, it's a shame it's only on once a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment