Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Monday 22 July 2013

Roald Dahl Boy Tales of Chidhood

I have finished Roald Dahl's book Boy Tales Of Childhood. This is a completely true book of how Roald Dahl's Childhood went. Weather it was putting a dead mouse into a horrible laddie's sweetie jar, or watching his ancient-half-sister get her appendicitis removed, all of these stories are true!

"An Autobiography is a book a person writes about his own life and it is usually full of all sorts of boring details. This is not an autobiography" Roald Dahl written this in the back of his book, and it's true! Roald Dahl had one of the most..unusual..childhood I've ever heard of. When he was sent to boarding school, all of his masters (not "Sirs" in those days) and Matrons were like deadly cannibals, waiting for a moment to pounce on the poor boy who didn't even realise he was doing something wrong.
Even though Dahl had a horrible boarding school, he said it was worth going there to enjoy the luxury and pleasure of coming back home!
Roald Dahl has also made a book called "More About Boy". So I'm assuming this is more about his childhood. I just can't wait to get it!


No comments:

Post a Comment