Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Thursday 18 July 2013

Live Butterfly Garden!

About a week ago I bought a Live Butterfly Garden kit by InsectLore! You have to mail a coupon to InsectLore and they'll send you a tub with five (or ten if you ordered the kit online) tiny caterpillars and their food in the tub! You can watch the caterpillars grow ten times they're size. Eventually, they'll hang upside down in Chrysalis and then you have to carefully get the Caterpillar to hang on a safety pin and stick it in the mesh of the environment. The whole process takes about 4 weeks and you get to set the butterflies free at the end!

When you have the butterflies, you can decorate their environment with flowers, twigs and nectar (which you can make yourself!). A nice tip is:  if you put honey on your finger and stick it in the environment with the butterflies, they'll land on the honey finger and they'll drink it off!

 
This is the butterfly garden. The butterfly species are Painted Ladies.
 
 
 
 
 
These are my butterflies before I released them:
 
 I stroked my butterflies wing!
 
 
 
Maisie loves the butterflies.
 
 
 
These are my butterflies, before I let them go.
 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment