Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Wednesday 17 July 2013

The RSPB

This is a Barn Owl flying.


I just joined the RSPB! This is a charity (Like RSPCA) that tries to stop birds from becoming extinct. When you join the RSPB, you get loads of things like: a membership card, magazines and choices of gifts! I was supposed to get the kid's magazine, but the nice man advertising the RSPB give me a teenage one and a kids! One of the other good things is that the teenage magazine is totally written by teenagers! 
He also gave me something very special, it was his own bird badge! I was so grateful for that that I'm not letting it out of my sight!
In the teenage bird magazine, there was something that caught my eye. "Raptor Factor" Raptors are just birds of prey and they had most of them written down with pictures and descriptions! A long time ago, when I was going to Brownies I said I saw a Barn Owl. Mam said I couldn't have seen one because it was bright outside. However, it turns out Barn Owls, Short-Eared and Long-eared Owls fly in the day as well as night!
Common Buzzards are slightly mixed up with Golden Eagles, even though the Golden Eagles are about 2-3 times the size of common buzzards!

This is a really cute Barn Owl Hatchling



 
 
 
                     
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment