Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Monday 11 July 2016

Planes!





Me, mom and dad had a very early morning on Saturday. We had to drive three hours to go see the Air Tattoo! The Air Tattoo is an aerial show in Fairford, Gloucestershire. It was only meant to be a two and a half hour drive but since the main road was completely closed due to the racing at Silverstone, we had to try to find a different route through loads of villages. By the time we got to the Air Tattoo, we had been driving for about three and a half hours! I was really stiff by the time we got there.

We had booked premium tickets, so we were in the area right next to where the planes were flying, we had a delicious free brunch and afternoon tea and cakes, plus an area to sit! The view from where we were sitting was amazing and we could see the planes flying around really well.  The brunch consisted of sausages, mini potatoe cubes, vegetables and grilled fish and rice called Kedgeree! I wasn't feeling particularly hungry so I only had a sausage and some mini potatoes. They were very tasty! The sausage had a delicious spice, it definitely brought out the flavour of it.





My favourite of all of the displays were the famous Red Arrows. They were incredible! They were making loads of patterns in the sky out of red and blue smoke. Out of the red smoke, they drew a beautiful heart shape in the clouds. They really were impressive. It must have taken ages to practise everything. I thought they were going to crash into each other loads! Most of the planes' engines were so loud, I could feel the sound vibrations all through my body, but the Red Arrows were much quieter than that. It was a nice break from all of the loud rumbling.


Red Arrows!





Near the end of the day, I was getting a bit tired and the show seemed to be dragging out. I would have been happy to go home quite a while before we actually did go home.





The journey back home took around four hours, so I was absolutely shattered when we got back. I felt like I could have slept for years! I think out of all of the air shows I have been to, that one was my favourite.



No comments:

Post a Comment