Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Monday 25 July 2016

Day One of Art Week!





You might remember me taking part in daily online art lessons for a week last year.  Well, it's back again this year! To start off day one, me and mom did a painting with crayons and watercolours inspired by the artist Paul Klee. He was a Swiss-German artist born December the 18th, 1879. That happens to be the day I was born! Obviously not that year, though. He experimented with lots of different drawing and painting styles, but the one I attempted to replicate was his grid style. He wasn't always an artist though, as he experimented in musical instruments until he was about 17.
By the time he died in June 1940, he had completed around 9000 pieces of art! That's quite impressive.

To make the painting, I drew a grid in crayon, and wrote my name with a letter in each square. I painted in the blank spaces inside of the squares with watercolours and waited for it to dry. Once it was completely dry, I drew over the lines again with crayon then painted a very light layer of yellow watercolour over all of the squares. It was quite easy, but I think it's quite impressive!

I wonder which artist we'll be taking inspiration from tomorrow?









No comments:

Post a Comment