Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Sunday 27 March 2016

Easter Week!

As you know, it's Easter Sunday today! I can't wait to eat my Easter Egg.
I had a very "Good" Friday as well. I went to Wood Green Animal Shelter with my mom and dad for an open day. Unfortunately we didn't get there very early so we missed some of the talks, but it was still great fun to just walk around.





The Feisty Ferret!
One of the first animals we saw at Wood Green was a very fiesty ferret who was being taken for a walk. He had a little harness on with a lead, it was very cute! Obviously he didn't approve much of the lead, as he managed to squeeze under a fence and unclip it. The staff member who was walking him started panicking and it very quickly turned into a highly serious mission to catch the run-away ferret! I didn't manage to get a picture of him because as soon as he was caught again his handler rushed him back into his cage. It was very entertaining to watch, though!

There were some very odd looking chickens. They barely had any feathers on them, so they didn't look very healthy at all. The staff there were telling people about how the chickens had been kept in dark cages, which made their feathers stop growing and eventually fall out. Now that the chickens had been rescued and they had a bright, outside run to play about in, their feathers would grow back.

The main animals I wanted to see were the horses.We could only see one close up, but it was a beautiful tricolour cob.


Cobs are heavy horses and they have really fluffy manes, tails and feet! It had lovely brown and white markings but its mane was black and white so it looked very pretty. I would have loved to ride him.




Nearer the end of the day we saw the cats. There was a very regal looking cat that had the most beautiful markings I've ever seen! He clearly didn't have any time to pose for photos, either. I wish I could have brought him home.













The final animals we saw were the goats. The first one we saw had such big horns, I had to take a photo of him! I think it was the most posh looking goat in the UK, he clearly cares a lot about his appearance.



I love going to Wood Green and seeing all the animals there. It always makes a great day out!


In other news, on Wednesday I went swimming in Peterborough pool with my friend Liv-Astrid and her brithers. We had a great time even though the pool was a bit cold. It didn't have any waves either. I think next time we might go to Oasis pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment