Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Friday 2 May 2014

Dream Catchers and Wolves!


NEWS FLASH! I actually made something at Brownies! I made a Dream Catcher. It was basically weaving bits of wool around a stick. But hey, it's better than nothing, which is what we usually do at Brownies! Brownies is usually just a gossip club for Brown Owl and her 'Helpers'. When I'm there, I feel like I must be invisible. Woah... that's a cool thought, being invisible would be awesome!


In two days (Sunday), I'm going to the Anglian Wolf Society, again! It's an awesome place in Bedford where you can get up close to wolves. There's only a few wolves, and they're separated by a tall wire fence, it has to be tall, so the wolves can't jump out! The staff were really cool last time I went there because they told us the story of all the wolves they had. Feeding time was the best! The staff threw large chunks of meat and the wolves leapt on the fence and snatched the meat in their strong jaws! I loved watching them, it was like they were wild wolves tearing the meat from an elk's leg.


Last time I went to the Anglian Wolf Society, they had bats, hedgehogs, alpacas and a great shop! I'll be taking lots of pics when I make the proper blog post about it!


Other news, I've been very busy working my way through a bunch of Michael Morpurgo books! Here's my latest 'To Review' list! P.S, I LOOOOOVE Michael Morpurgo books!




April 2014. Books to Review:


 


The Wreck of Zanzibar. Life on the Scilly Isles in 1907 is bleak and full of hardship. Laura’s twin brother, Billy, disappears, and then a storm devastates everything. It seems there’s little hope… That is until the Zanzibar is wrecked on the island’s rocks and everything changes…


 


A Medal For Leroy.  Michael doesn’t remember his father. He was an RAF pilot lost in the war, but that’s all Michael knows. And his mother won’ talk about him. But when Michael’s Auntie Snowdrop gives him a medal and then a faded photograph, a story begins to be told. A secret story about his family and who Michael’s father really was… a story that will change everything.


 


Escape from Shangri-La. Cessie is determined to help her grandfather Popsicle remember his past. But how can she help when he only remembers glimpses? A tin of condensed milk. A lifeboat, a woman named Lucie Alice, and a devastating night on the beaches of Dunkirk during World War I.


 


Fox Friend.  When Clare finds a fox cub that has got away from the hunt, she nurses him back to health. But Clare’s father says foxes are vermin. How can she keep the cub safe?


 


Billy the Kid.  The only thing Billy ever wanted was to play for Chelsea. Finally his dream came true when he was picked for the team. But that was 1939, and the Second World War was about to start, changing Billy’s life – and everyone else’s – forever…

No comments:

Post a Comment