Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Friday 31 May 2013

Axolotl

I was doing my boring Junior Science Book when I found out about the Axolotl! This is an amazing amphibian creature that can regenerate its body (If its leg is pulled off, it can grow a new one!). The amphibian is very rare and only exists in one lake in Mexico! It is now mostly a pet in an aquarium!
Its mane like feathers on its neck are its external gills. The creature stops developing when it reached its  larva stage and now it looks like a cute little deformed baby!!! It can grow up to 12 inches (30cm). It can weigh up to 100g (10 ounces)! They live for 12 years if they are kept as a pet, and 15 years if they are wild.

I would love one of these as a pet, I just think they are adorable!


This is an Axolotl!
 
And this is an Axolotl!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment