Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Tuesday 19 February 2013

Chinese New Year!

Kung Hei Fat Choy! (It mean Happy New Year in Chinese!)

Last week was the start of Chinese New Year!

The Chinese calendar follows a twelve year pattern with each year named after an animal. The story is that Buddha invited all of the animals to join him for a New Year celebration, but only twelve animals showed up. To reward the animals, Buddha named a year after each one of them in the order that they arrived.
Depending on the year you were born, you are believed to have a character traits of that year's animal.
2013 is the Year of the Snake! If you are born in the Year of the Snake, these are your characteristics: Acute, Aware, Cunning, Proud, Vain, Vicious. I was born on the Year of the Sheep. Here are my characteristics: Smart, Artistic, Kind, Happy, Reserved, Insecure, Dependent. (I like the first four best!).



This is waht I made for Chinese New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment