Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Monday 1 August 2016

Art Week Day 4!

Austrian artist Hundertwasser was born in 1928. He went to art school but didn't stay long because he thought he already knew everything he needed to, to become an artist. He was none conformist, which means he didn't follow the rules. He was a visionary creator and he wanted to spread the message of being in harmony with nature. He was also an environmentalist.

Hundertwasser painted wherever he was, at home, in nature, on the train, in restaurants, anywhere! He didn't have a studio or even an easel. Instead, he would spread out a sheet of paper or canvas flat out infront of him and begin to draw. He painted mainly in watercolours but the painting I have done is in soluble markers, or felt tips. After I'd done the outline, I added a thin layer of water so the colours run and blend slightly, this makes it look like it's a watercolour, hopefully!
Hundertwasser's paintings were very colourful, and he liked painting in curved lines and stripes.



No comments:

Post a Comment