Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Wednesday 20 January 2016

Pony Club!

There's me!




Pony Club this  year is already very exciting, because we went out for a hack! (For the none-horsey people out there, that means going for a walk on the horses in the fields or on roads).
We decided to ride in a giant, 2 mile circle on the roads. It was cold and grey and damp but we weren't bothered. The horses were excited to be going out and I think they could sense my excitement too! I was riding Mickey and I was happy about that because he is one of the better behaved horses.

We headed up the lane towards the main road. There were quite a few dangers out there, like holes in the road and cars and tractors going by. We could hear them coming before we saw them so we could warn the rest of the group.  One tractor spooked my horse and he staggered backwards. I felt like I was going to fall off! I managed to calm him down though. I don't want to go through that again!
A funny thing happened when we passed some hay in black bags at the side of the road. They were clearly very scary to the horses. They just stared at them and tried to walk around them rather than beside them. They were just bags of hay! I wonder what the horses thought they actually were?

Further down the road we passed a field of sheep. There were all different kinds. Lora told us that the sheep belonged to lots of owners: that was why they were all different breeds. The farmer who owned the field was going to rest the field, so he's invited all the neighbouring sheep to come and eat the greenery down. It was a bit like an "all you can eat buffet!" The sheep were happily munching away until they caught sight of us approaching up the lane. They looked up from their tasty meal and eyed the horses suspiciously. Then they ran away! Well, actually, they kind of bounced away. It was really funny.

Peek-a-boo, Lora!


I love hacking! I can't wait until we can do it again. Maybe next time we'll go out for a bit longer and maybe the weather might be better because it was very cold!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a good time, definitely better in summer though.

    ReplyDelete