Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Thursday 10 December 2015

A week of Tilly!



I'm not a crafty person, but if there's a time of year that you should try out crafts, it's Christmas! At Gamlingay, the theme was Christmas Crafts! I painted a little wooden star a with sparkly, golden paint. I think it looked quite pretty! I also made a  Christmas card. I used a crayon to draw a Christmas tree on it. I tried to write on it, but because it was a black card, the pens didn't come up very well. It still looked nice though!

Christmas Stars


Last Thursday, I went swimming with Tilly and Lavinia! We had a great time and played loads of games. After swimming, Tilly came home with me for a two night sleepover! We decorated a Gingerbread house each with a wide selection of delicious sweets. After we had decorated the houses, we dusted them with some icing sugar, It was really cool (and mouth watering!) at the end!

Sweet Gingerbread Houses

We also tried to bake some Gingerbread men. Easier said than done! The dough wouldn't clump together very well, and it kept cracking and breaking apart. When we'd finished, the cookies did turn out quite good, though. We hung some on the tree, and now the room smells like ginger! Mmm!

Gingerbread men and cookies

After the sleepover, we took Tilly back to her mom and went back home.

But that wasn't the end, because we met Tilly and Lavinia again on Thursday and took her back for another sleepover! This time, it was a 5 night sleepover! The first thing we did was go out shopping.  We got loads of crafty things to do! We got a pack of 6 cardboard boxes and painted them. We did some really beautiful designs, and I'm really proud of them!

Christmas Crafts

I'm really pleased with our boxes

While we were out shopping we stopped for a little meal. I had a tasty cheese and ham toastie, while Tilly had a Tuna Melt and a massive hot chocolate on the side! The hot chocolate was massive!

Matching hats!

Next we went to see Santa's Grotto and feed the animals. There were Reindeer, Llamas and Goats and they all LOVED carrots. Luckily, the man at the till selling the carrots gave us a big bag. They didn't last long though!

The Llamas loved the carrots!

You can never have too many carrots when there are Reindeer to feed!

The Llama look so funny when they are chewing!
 Later, once it was dark, we went to see the Christmas lights in the gardens at Springfields. They were beautiful. There were little penguins and foxes and polar bears all twinkling in the darkness.

So Christmassy!


We did even more crafts. We made soaps (which didn't turn out very well) and Bath Bombs (which turned out very well indeed!) We put them in little bags, tied with ribbon and added a gift tag. They will make lovely Christmas presents.

Bath Bomb Christmas Presents

I painted and decorated a little wooden chest. It took a lot of coats of paint but it turned out lovely. I am going to store my pony rosettes in it.


Tilly made Christmas Stockings for her and Lavinia. Mom helped to embroider their names on them. They are so cute. I didn't make one as I already have a stocking with my name on it.

Rudolph!


Monday, it was time for Pony Club! It was a lot more fun having Tilly there. She seemed to be a bit nervous though; she forgot to breath while she was trotting!


Breath Tilly!!

In between all of the pony clubbing, crafts and baking, we played a bit of Sims and even wrote a story! The story was about our tribe of people that were being terrorised by a dragon, and how we had to seek advice from the mysterious Warrior cats. Unfortunately, we only had time to do about one chapter!
On Tuesday, we went swimming again and said goodbye to Tilly. Can't wait until next time!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment