Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Saturday 7 November 2015

Bonfire Night Cupcakes!



In celebration of Bonfire Night, I made some deliciously chocolatey cupcakes and decorated them! I didn't want to use everyday icing, so I made some sweet, marshmallow fondant! I got the idea from watching The Great British Bake-off! A fondant is just a fancy icing, but it's a bit thicker and it holds its shape a bit better. To make it, I melted a bowlful of marshmallows in the microwave with a tiny bit of water.


The mallows expanded and puffed up. It was really cool to watch! Next I added icing sugar to the melted mallows and mixed it all together until it formed a dough. Then you have to knead it like you would knead bread dough! At first, the pink doughy blob was very, very sticky. To stop it from sticking to the surface or your hands, you just need to make sure that it's thoroughly drenched in icing sugar! I liked the kneading best!

Kneading!

Once I'd finished kneading it, I left it in the fridge overnight to cool. The fondant is easier to handle when it's cool. When I got it back out, I rolled it out quite thin and cut out some circles to lay them on top of the cupcakes.

I stuck the circles to the cakes with a little bit of sugar syrup


To make the cupcakes look more like Bonfire Night, me and mom got some writing icing to do some firework displays, bonfires and pretty patterns! The cakes are very sugary, but very tasty!

Fireworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment