Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Friday 13 February 2015

Valentine's Day

It's Valentine's Day tomorrow! To celebrate, I learned a bit about the holiday's history and made a Valentine's Day Card! Since I have no boyfriend to give the card to, I gave it to Bramble, my new pet cat! Only... Bramble isn't actually my cat! I'll do another post about him later.


Valentine was a Roman priest. His emperor decided that married men couldn't fight in armies as well as single men, so he created a law banning young men from marrying. Valentine didn't agree to this rule, and started having secret wedding ceremonies. When the emperor found out, he held Valentine as a prisoner. Valentine fell in love with his jailer's daughter, and before he was sent to be killed, he wrote the first Valentine's Day card that said "Your Valentine" on it.



My Valentine's Day card for Bramble!
This is a cinquain_a five line poem







No comments:

Post a Comment