Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Wednesday 6 August 2014

Anglian Wolf Society! ...Again!

Can you see her?

On Sunday, I went to the Anglian Wolf Society for the 3rd time! This is the second time I've been to the Open day for to the Anglian Wolf Society, and I think it was better than the first time! Unfortunately, another wolf had passed away, so now they only have the two girls. Outside of the wolf area, they had new animals! Like a spikey stick insect, an adorable hedgehog, a squidgy snake and a rat that was the CUTEST THING EVER! First of all, I'll talk about the spikey stick insect!


When I first arrived at the Society, the first creature I spotted was a giant, red-brown spikey insect. I turned out it was a stick insect. You could pet it, and when I first saw it I was partially thinking about it, until the other carer said that it was the only animal to draw blood from him. The stick insect had really sharp pincers on it's back legs that it would dig into anyone if it was scared.





Second animal I saw was a hedgehog! It was so cute! You could pet it as well. It felt like a brush, not really spikey at all! Hedgehogs don't have very good eyesite, so when someone petted it near its face it curled up and stuck out all of its spikes.


Next, I saw the birds! There were some really beautiful birds of prey, like the Peregrine  which had a cap over its eyes to stop it from getting stressed. There was owls as well, lots of owls. There was a Tiny owl sitting in a little box, it was staring at me and it looked so afraid. I felt sorry for it because it couldn't escape.


After the birds, I spotted the snake. It was a Corn snake and I really wanted to touch it. I had touched a snake before, but I wanted to touch this one as well. Apparently, you could touch the snake, so I did! It felt so squidgy and soft, not at all like I remembered the last snake to feel like!


Then I saw it, the ADORABLE rat! It was being hugged by one of the helpers, who let me hold him! He kept trying to escape out of my hands but I knew what to do, so I kept putting my other hand infront of him where he was trying to escape, so he couldn't get out of my hands. I gave him back to look at some of the bats, but the bats were asleep so I went back to the rat! I picked him back up from the woman and held him a different way. I put him close to my chest and he just relaxed in my hands. When he did try to get away I just caught him again and put him back to my chest.

My favourite was the Rat!





Now, the wolves! As I said before, there was only 2 wolves this time. The first wolf we saw was just lying down in the shade because it was so hot! Eventually, she did come up to the bars to have a look, but something fell over so she ran away.
The next wolf just lay under a tree and didn't move much. She only looked around.





Either way, I had a great time! And my favourite animal was the rat!

No comments:

Post a Comment