Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Sunday 26 January 2014

A Tale of Friends, Enemies and Minecraft!

A Tale of Friends, Enemies and Minecraft is the latest book I've completed. It was by Jake Mayer and it was his first book.
Although it didn't have as amazing grammar and story-line as I thought it would have, it was still a good book at heart. It was barely about Minecraft; the only times that Minecraft came into the storyline was the rare occasions where the star of the book, Mike, played the game. The book was more about how Mike fought against the bully in his school with the help of his good, Minecrafter friend, Mark.
The book was a bit confusing because  the grammar wasn't amazing. If Mike's mom said "Goodnight", and Mike replied "5 more minutes", both of the people's speech were in the same line/paragraph. This makes it difficult to read and understand. Doh!
The chapters in the story were very short, only 3 pages long at the most. This gives me a great advantage in bed, because I can read a chapter without getting caught. The book was 143 pages long and 43 chapters.

I'd rate this imperfect book 4 stars. Barely about Minecraft, but was still satisfying to read. I'd recommend this book to kids of all ages (of course a baby couldn't read this) and you wouldn't eveb have to know about Minecraft to like it!


I Love Minecraft!

No comments:

Post a Comment