Just Me!

I am just a little kid on a big adventure! I have fun all day, reading and playing and visiting lovely places. I don't go to school (not ever!) so I have loads of time for lovely things!
Read about my adventures here....

Thursday 29 August 2013

Woburn Safari Park!!

The other day I went to Woburn Safari Park in Bedford! There were lions, tigers, black bears, rhinos -  who nearly tipped the car, wolves and many more! The wolves were amazing! There was a beautiful female wolf who was standing right next to the car, gazing into the windows. Then a black bear was coming closer and closer to the female! Out of nowhere, an amazing male wolf ran up to the bear and chased it away!
Canadian Timber Wolf! Isn't she beautiful.



The rhinos were amazing too! One came so close to the car that it nearly smashed into the windows! Mam was screaming forever to dad, to move foward. Just in time dad drove away from the rhino who nearly broke through my window with his horn! Rhinos' horns are made out of keratine, which is the same thing hair and nails are made out of!






The thing that made Woburn amazing was, most of the animals weren't in cages and could roam free! That's how the rhino nearly broke our car!
The most amazing thing of all (not including the wolves) were the monkeys. They climbed all over the car, sat on the mirrors and one of them was trying to ride our car out of the encloser! There was a tiny monkey baby that was so high up in the trees, swinging upside down on thin branches, performing for his mother! The thing I loved the most about the monkeys was that the mother didn't help or stop the baby from swinging about. The baby was practicing, but it looked pretty dangerous to me!

The baby giraffe doesn't like getting his face washed!



There were really cute giraffes of all different sizes and ages! My favourite was the baby. His mother cleaned his face with her long white tongue! I don't think he liked it much!
 

There were also some Humboldt penguins that smelt like fish and wouldn't stop making really loud noises!  It sounded like they were screaming!
Oh, and I saw something that looked like giant white rats! They turned out to be Red-Necked Wallabies.
I never thought a safari park could be this much fun!


I also went to Grimshthorpe Festival. This was a bit disappointing in a way. There was no small animal petting which they said they'd have on the website. There was no amazing things for me to do. The wasps were always hanging around me when I ate or drank anything. The really only exciting thing for me to do was pet dogs.

Me and dad petting the horses at Grimsthorpe Festival!
The castle looked exciting, but we didn't go in because it was sooooo busy! We will go back when the children are back to school! We looked at the beautiful gardens of flowers, trees and plants.
Me and mam at Grimsthorpe Castle

 

No comments:

Post a Comment